Here are a few ways to spread more kindness to the people around you:
- Tell a frazzled parent at a store that they are doing a great job.
- Offer to take a friend’s children to the movies or to a park for the afternoon.
- Visit a rest home to listen to the stories of residents.
- Forgive someone.
- Place patio furniture in your front lawn and talk to the people who walk buy. Do it once a week or more.
- Adopt a stray. Or pay for someone else to adopt a stray.
- Leave cookies for your mail person, other delivery people, or your hairdresser.
- Write a letter to a loved one.
- Hide a few dollars around a dollar store. Place at least a few of those dollars in the children’s section.
- Tell a stranger that you really lover her shoes, her smile, or her dress.
- Leave a larger than normal tip for your barber, your waitress, your nurse, your Uber driver.
- Offer a word of encouragement to someone in your social media feed. Praise them. Celebrate them.
- Put coins in expired or about-to-expire meters.
- Sign up for a new activity. Pay for someone else to join you in the activity.
- Cook a meal for a new neighbor or for someone who needs a shoulder to cry on.
Here are a few ways to spread more kindness to the people around you: Tell a frazzled parent at a store that they are doing a great job. Offer to take a friend’s children to the movies or to a park for the afternoon. Forgive someone. #kindness Click To Tweet