10 Principles of Health
Below are ten principles for better health as formulated by Dr. Andrew Weil.
- Optimum health should bring a sense of strength and joy.
- The true purpose of medicine is to facilitate healing. The aim of treatment should be to assist your healing system.
- When sickness persists, the healing system is blocked, stalled, or overwhelmed. It needs help.
- It’s normal to lose your health periodically. You then come back to it in a better way.
- Health is wholeness and balance, an inner resilience that allows you to meet the demands of living without being overwhelmed.
- Humans are bodies, minds, and spirits. Any program that improves health must address all three.
- Perfect health is a myth. Beware of those who promise it.
- Treatment originates outside you. Healing comes from within you.
- Healing is the birthright of every human being.
- Healing means making whole—that is, restoring integrity and balance.